Zniewolenie bydła domowego?
- Krzysztof Adamczyk,
- Hanna Mamzer
This text presents an unusual attempt to address the question formed in a title, by presenting a dual opinion of the scientist in animal science on the one hand and a human scientist on the other. Both approaches aim at increasing animal welfare. The two scientist emphasize the role of ethological knowledge in treating animals. However, while for the animal scientist, an animal is an entity subordinated to a human, for post-human scientist, humans are animals, and their lives are of an equal value. This dissimilarity shows how the orders of values the determine approaches, at the end, they do offer two different answers. But the aim of this text was primarily not to provide a definitive answer to the question, but to contrast two different approaches to animal freedom and welfare.
- Record ID
- Other language title versions
- Are Domesticated Cattle Enslaved?
- Publication size in sheets
- Mamzer Hanna, Hanna Mamzer Żok Agnieszka Agnieszka Żok (eds.): Bezpieczne czy zniewolone? : szkice o zwierzętach, 2019, Bydgoszcz, Oficyna Wydawnicza Epigram, 284 p., ISBN 978-83-61231-66-0
- Keywords in English
- animal welfare, values, animal freedom, domesticated cattle
- (pl) Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Additional fields
- Oświadczenie: K. Adamczyk - brak afiliacji do jednostki
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.